Taking on a new team in a new town can be nerve racking. If you have the right plan in place however, it can be a smooth transition.
What is it like taking on a new team, in a new town? We talk to Anthony Vizakis, head football coach at Milford High School in Massachusetts about his new reign.
Listen below with Youtube or Soundcloud.
Season 1 Episode 1: Anthony Vizakis, Milford High School (MA) details his experience with taking over the varsity program and becoming a first time head coach.
- The unusual situation Anthony was in, becoming a head coach in June
- First physical item in the facilities he looked to change when he began his coaching tenure
- First Practice/Game psychological thing he changed
- How he was able to educate both his staff and players on the scheme and schedule
- Implementing his system in the youth programs and how to build a connection to the high school
What have you done differently? What advice would you give to a first timer or someone taking over a program? Do you agree or disagree with some of the points that were made on the podcast?
We’d love to continue the discussion! Answer below in the comment section or tweet us @vIQtorysports. Tweet directly at Chris Haddad @chrisvIQtory.
Be sure to tune in each week for a new vIQtory podcast! For more, visit our blog www.vIQtory.win/whiteboard